T-MM Series High Power Millimeter TWT Amplifiers
27.5 – 45.0 GHz
40 – 500 watts
Instruments for Industry, T-MM Series Amplifiers provide outstanding RF performance. Our “T-MM Series” products are a mature design but incorporate the latest features with respect to control and monitoring. These amplifiers are “State of the Art”; have field proven reliability and unsurpassed performance as the best in the industry. These products are available in a wide range of power levels from 10 watts to 200 watts in various frequency bands that cover 27.5 GHz – 45.0 GHz.
Operation safety and ease of use are paramount in IFI product designs. The IFI T-MM Series include a full complement of RF and hardware protection systems including high VSWR, over-current and voltage protection as well as redundant thermal and airflow sensors to prevent the TWT from overheating. In addition, the T-MM series includes a state-of-the-art interface that is sophisticated, comprehensive, but yet simple to use. Our amplifiers feature modular construction and this concept of modular design minimizes internally produced EMI signal leakage and provides easy access for field service and rapid turnaround at depot level repair facilities.
The backlit LCD screen shows forward/reverse power indication, system status and self-diagnostic information. All the amplifier operating parameters are simultaneously available in the amplifier front panel display as well as over the remote bus. Selection switches allow you to switch the amplifier to the desired mode of operation for local control if the unit is not being operated remotely.
For computer automation both an RS-232 and IEEE-488 interface are included. To meet individual application needs, the T-MM Series amplifiers can be easily customized with harmonic filters or other options. With this capability and its reliable elegant design, the T-MM series amplifiers are the perfect amplifier for your microwave needs. IFI offers different size packages and configurations to best suit your application. A product and design built to last!
|Model Number||Frequency Range
(W x D x H)
|T3027-120||27.5 – 30.0||120||60||51||1.0||45||19 x 24 x 5.25|
|T3027-150||27.5 – 30.0||150||75||52||1.2||45||19 x 24 x 5.25|
|T3027-250||27.5 – 30.0||250||125||54||1.5||75||19 x 25.25 x 8.75|
|T3127-250||27.5 – 31.0||250||125||54||1.5||75||19 x 25.25 x 8.75|
|T3127-400||27.5 – 31.0||400||200||56||3.5||180||19 x 25.25 x 14|
|T3130-120||30.0 – 31.0||120||60||52||1.2||45||19 x 24 x 5.25|
|T3832-40||32.0 – 38.0||40||20||46||0.8||45||19 x 24 x 5.25|
|T3832-60||32.0 – 38.0||60||30||48||0.9||45||19 x 24 x 5.25|
|T3832-80||32.0 – 38.0||80||40||49||1.0||50||19 x 24 x 5.25|
|T4540-70||40.0 – 45.0||70||30||49||1.5||80||19 x 25.25 x 10.5|
Standard Features for IFI T-MM Series TWT Amplifiers
- VSWR Reflected Power Protection, the unit operates without damage or oscillation into any magnitude of phase or load impedance, Open and Short Circuit Protection.
- * Alternate Prime Power (specify at time of order)
- GPIB IEEE 488 & RS232 Remote Control
- RF Sample Port on the Front Panel, 112R for rear panel
- Internal Pre-amplification to obtain rated output power with an input level of 0 dBm or less.
- RF Input/Output Connectors on the Front Panel, 118R for rear panel
- Internal Systems Diagnostics & Status Indicators
- Filament/Beam Elapsed Time Metering in hours
- RF Safety Interlock
- Forward/Reflected Power Indication simultaneously on Front Panel display
IFI T-MM Series TWT Amplifier Specifications
- Input/output Impedance: 50 ohms
- RF Input/ Sample Connectors: Type K Female, unless specified otherwise
- RF Output Connector: WR28 for frequencies from 27.5 – 38.0 GHz an WR22 for 40 – 45 GHz Other waveguides available by request or specification (see Option 117)
- Input VSWR: 2.0:1
- Output VSWR: 2.5:1
- Operating Temp: 0º to 50º C
- Non-operating Temp: -40º to 70º C (50,000 feet max)
- Humidity: 95% without condensation
- Altitude: 10,000 feet
- Cooling System: Air cooled, self contained
- Modulation: All types, AM, FM, Pulse
- Configuration: Rack Mount as specified in Model Table, or Cabinet Integrated as needed
- Spurious Outputs: <-60 dBc nominal
- Standard Prime Powers:
100, 115, 120 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, single phase
200, 220, 230, 240 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, single phase
100/200VAC,115/208 or 200/220/230/240 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, three phase Wye or Delta and/or 400 Hz power is available.
- Special Prime Powers other then listed are subject to availability
Some Available Options for IFI T-MM Series TWT Amplifiers
- Option 103 G/D: VSWR Reflected Power Protection “Graceful Degradation Feature” which will automatically reduce the input drive and fold back the output power when the average reflected power exceeds a preset limit of 3.0:1. The unit operates without damage or oscillation into any magnitude of phase or load impedance.
- Option 110-1E: GPIB IEEE-488 RS232 and Ethernet Remote Control
- Option 110-2: GPIB IEEE-488 and RS 422 Remote Control
- Option 110-3: GPIB IEEE-488 and RS 485 Remote Control
- Option 113: Chassis Slides for 19” Rack Mounting
- Option 118F or R: Front Panel RF Connections 118R for Rear Panel RF Connections
- Option 123F or R: Reflected RF Sample Port -40, -50 or -60 dB N or SMA, Front or Rear Panel